The regular season for high school football in the state of Florida heads into Week 9 of the 2019 campaign last week and most of Pasco County’s prep football teams will be in action once again. Every week, we look to bring you rankings, previews and our picks to win on Friday nights. We take a closer look at the games going on this Friday and who will come home with a victory in Week 9
• Anclote at Tarpon Springs: The Battle for the Anchor is up for grabs in this matchup between two rebuilding programs. Who will take home the trophy? Pick – Anclote.
• Zephyrhills at River Ridge: This is the game everyone has been waiting for. The clash between the Bulldogs and Royal Knights comes down to who will win Class 5A, District 11. Pick - River Ridge.
• Fivay at Cypress Creek: Fivay has been doubted all season long, but these Falcons have been playing good football all year. Pick – Fivay.
• Sunlake at Mitchell: Yes, Sunlake has been playing better. Yes, the Mustangs should be able to walk away with another win regardless. Pick – Mitchell.
• Wiregrass Ranch at Land O’ Lakes: Very tough game for the Gators even though they’ve been playing better as of late. Pick - Wiregrass Ranch.
• Calvary Christian at Hudson: The Cobras have played arguably one of the toughest regular season slated of any team on the west side of Pasco County. Pick - Calvary Christian.
• Indian Rocks Christian at Bishop McLaughlin: The Hurricanes season has been tough and it doesn’t get any easier facing Indian Rocks Christian. Pick - Indian Rocks Christian.
• Crescent City at Zephyrhills Christian: Though the Warriors are not quite the team from a year ago, they should be able to come away with a win at home here. Pick - Zephyrhills Christian.