The regular season for high school football in the state of Florida avoided Hurricane Dorian last week and all Pasco County prep football teams will be in action once again. Every week, we look to bring you rankings, previews and our picks to win on Friday nights. We take a closer look at the games going on this Friday and who will come home with a victory in Week 4.
• Mitchell at Pinellas Park: One team is undefeated and the other team is winless. First district game for both and Mustangs need this one. Pick – Mitchell.
• River Ridge at Tarpon Springs: The Royal Knights are fresh coming off the bye. Should cruise to win No. 2. Pick - River Ridge.
• Anclote at Gulf: Jason Messamore is back at his old stomping grounds for the first time since he stepped away as Gulf’s coach in 2015. Pick – Anclote.
• Pasco at Cypress Creek: Cypress Creek has built up a ton of confidence after wins over Anclote and Bishop McLaughlin. Pick - Cypress Creek.
• Zephyrhills at Wesley Chapel: Though the Bulldogs don’t have a win to their name just yet, they have to eventually beat somebody, right? Pick – Zephyrhills.
• Tampa Catholic at Land O’ Lakes: It’s going to be a long season for Gators’ head coach Chad Walker and quarterback Ethan Forrester. Pick - Tampa Catholic.
• Nature Coast at Wiregrass Ranch: Wiregrass will be the only Pasco County team to face opponents from Hillsborough, Hernando and Pinellas counties. Pick - Wiregrass Ranch.
• Chiefland at Hudson: The Cobras have one of the tougher schedules when it comes to teams on the west side of Pasco County. Pick – Chiefland.
• Florida A&M at Zephyrhills Christian Academy: Don’t underrate the Baby Rattlers based on their record. They’ve faced Crawfordville Wakulla and FSU (not the university). Pick - Florida A&M.