Prep football season is here and Pasco County has its fair share of talented players in the county. We’ve put together a list of players to watch for this 2019 season as we head into Week 2 of the regular season.
• Tre Gallimore, RB, Zephyrhills: The Bulldogs no longer have Nick Novo at quarterback so expect Gallimore to see more touches on offense.
• Darrion Robinson, WR, Pasco: The Western Kentucky commitment is the Pirates’ top threat on offense.
• Malik Jones, OL/DL, Zephyrhills Christian: Jones recently just committed to Florida Atlantic University and is arguably Pasco County’s best lineman.
• Travis Hawks, QB, River Ridge: Hawks follows a line of solid River Ridge quarterbacks and is expected to have a big 2019 season.
• Keith Walker, RB, Wiregrass Ranch: With Hunter Helton and Noah Biglow both transferring to Armwood, Walker becomes the Bulls’ top player on offense.
• Tyler Williams, RB, Mitchell: Williams rushed for over 1,000 yards last season for Mitchell and is expected to do it again this fall.
• Ethan Forrester, QB, Land O’ Lakes: The Gators are a youthful group, but Forrester returns as a senior quarterback and must use his experience, talent to guide Land O’ Lakes to wins.
• Adam Berry, RB, Bishop McLaughlin: The Hurricanes went 4-6 last season and Berry was one of the biggest reasons Bishop McLaughlin did as well as it did. Expect Berry to be the team’s focal point.