Pinellas County cold night shelters for the homeless will open between 6 and 6:30 p.m. on Monday and Tuesday, Jan. 28-29, with the exception of Peace Memorial, which will open at 5 p.m.
The shelters will accept guests all night and close the following morning at approximately 6 a.m. Shelter guests will be provided a hot evening meal, a warm, safe place to sleep overnight and breakfast the following morning.
This activation is predicted to last two nights. For more information, call Lauren Wolf at 813-951-5632.
Families will be placed in family shelters. Families should call 2-1-1, Tampa Bay Cares for information.
Shelters for adult men and women will be open at the following locations:
• Boys and Girls Club of Tarpon Springs, 111 W. Lime St. Capacity: 40-50. Phone: 727-937-6837.
• Peace Memorial Presbyterian Church, 110 S. Ft. Harrison Ave. in Clearwater. Opens at 5 p.m. Capacity: 90. Church phone: 727-446-3001.
• Northwest Presbyterian Church, 6330 54th Ave. N. in St. Petersburg. Capacity: 75. Church phone: 727-544-4551.
• The Turning Point, 1801 5th Ave. N. in St. Petersburg. Capacity: 25. Phone: 727-823-7811.
• Salvation Army, 1400 Fourth St. S. in St. Petersburg. Capacity: 50. Phone: 727-822-4954
• My Place in Recovery, 1655 16th St. S. in Pinellas Park. Capacity: 20.
• Trinity Lutheran Church, 401 Fifth St. N. Capacity: 30. Phone: 727-822-3007.
• Boys and Girls Club of the Suncoast, 7790 61st St. N. in Pinellas Park. Capacity: 150. Phone: 727-547-5437.