NEW PORT RICHEY — Pasco County is moving ahead with plans for eight summer camp sites with online registration beginning May 30 at 10 a.m.
County Administrator Dan Biles told the Board of County Commissioners at its virtual May 19 meeting the camps are being planned with a smaller capacity because of social distancing requirements and the venues which will be utilized for the camps.
“We are doing this assuming we get to a Phase II of the state’s reopening process, which will allow for groups larger than 10,” Biles said. “So, that caveat is there before these camps start.”
The camps, scheduled for an eight-week run, would begin June 19 and end July 24 and host children ages 7- 11 years of age. THe camp hours would be from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. at all sites.
The sites, capacity and costs are:
• Land O’Lakes Recreation Complex, 50 children, $40/week.
• J. Ben Harrill Complex, 50 children, $30/week.
• Veterans Memorial Park, 50 children, $35/week.
• Starkey Nature, 30 children, $35/week.
• Land O’Lakes Heritage Park, 30 children, $25/week.
• James Irwin Civic Center, 15 children, $15/week.
• Centennial Middle School, 40 children, $25/week.
• Rushe Middle School, 40children, $25/week.
Updates and registration will be available at https://pascocountyfl.net.