Class meetings and events
• The Latin American Civic and Cultural Association will hold its general meeting at 2 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 12, at the “A” Club of Hernando County, 18922 Titus Road, Hudson. Call Luis Sierre at 352-277-2915 for more information.
• The African American Club of Hernando, Inc. will hold a general meeting at 2 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 9, at the Regency Oaks Civic Association, 4445 Breakwater Blvd., Spring Hill. The public is welcome. Visit www.aac-hc.net or call Leana at 352-835-7003 for more information.
• Hernando Computer Club will hold a newcomers’ orientation/open house 10 a.m. Monday, Jan. 6, at Grace Presbyterian Church, 8375 Spring Hill Drive. A general meeting will be held 7 p.m. Monday, Jan. 27, in the Fellowship Hall of the church. Doors open at 6 p.m. The guest speakers will be representatives from Friends of Weeki Wachee Springs State Park. The public is welcome. Visit www.hcc.org or call 352-684-7171 for more information.
• The Michigan Club will hold a lunch at noon Thursday, Jan. 9, at Pizza Hut, 3003 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. There will be dinner at 4 p.m. Friday, Jan. 17, at Bayport Inn, 4835 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill. There will also be a general meeting at 12:30 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 15, at Nativity Lutheran Church, 6363 Commercial Way, Weeki Wachee. Call Phyllis Kreft at 734-612-9939 or Barb or Dave Selbach at 352-592-9663 for more information.
• The Pennsylvania Club of Spring Hill will meet at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 14, at Bayport Inn, 4835 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill. The lunch choice is either fish or shrimp basket, a chicken sandwich basket or a hamburger or cheeseburger basket. Each lunch includes a side salad and a beverage. The cost is $13, including tax and tip. RSVP and payment are required by Friday, Jan. 10. Mail payment to PA Club, P.O. Box 6024, Spring Hill, FL 34611. Call Marge at 352-340-5507 for reservations or more information.
The Nature Coast Bridge Club will hold a competitive bidding course, 9:30-11 a.m., for six consecutive Mondays, starting Jan. 13, at 3021 Commercial Way, Spring Hill. For more information, call Gerry Panos at 727-643-2792 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Downtown Brooksville’s Mural Walking Tour is held, 10:30-11:30 a.m., on the third Friday of every month at the Hernando County Courthouse, 20 North Main St., Brooksville. Check-in is at 10:20 a.m. The tour will be led by Jan Knowles, a local historian and Arts Council’s Projects Coordinator. Advanced registration is required at hernandoarts.org/murals. For more information, call Knowles at 352-279-5182 or email email@example.com. The tours are sponsored by the Hernando County Fine Arts Council.
Weeki Wachee Senior Citizens Center, 3357 Susan Drive, Spring Hill, hold cards and games from 9 a.m. until noon every Friday. Call 570-441-9139 for more information.
A capella open house
The Suncoast Harmony Chorus, a chapter of Sweet Adelines International, holds open rehearsals at 7 p.m. every Tuesday, at Salishan Gracious Living Activity Room, 191 Astaire Lane, Spring Hill. The chorus performs a capella throughout Hernando, Citrus and Pasco counties. All vocal ranges welcome. No professional training required. Call Cindy at 352-597-4376 or visit www.suncoast-harmony.com.
Art in the Park Contest
The Hernando County Fine Arts Council has extended the deadline to enter their first-ever visual art contest to Thursday, Jan. 30. Winning artists will receive cash prizes along with exposure of their work and recognition of their achievement. The winning entries will be featured at the 36th annual Art in the Park on March 14-15 at Tom Varn Park, 306 Darby Lane, in Brooksville. The contest is open to visual artists of all ages who live in Hernando County. To enter, or for more information, visit www.hernandoarts.org/aitp-contest.
Boutique for a cause
Boutique of Hope, located in the Crescent Community Clinic, 5244 Commercial Way, Spring Hill, is open from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays. This shop provides cancer victims and survivors with free wigs, bras, turbans, hats, scarves and more. Volunteers and crafters are needed. Call 352-610-9916.
VFW Post events
VFW Post 10209 Auxiliary is at 14736 Edward R. Noll Drive, Spring Hill. For more information, call Nancy at 586-436-0023 or visit the Facebook page.
• Sundays – Bar Bingo, 2 p.m.
• Mondays – Shuffleboard League, noon.
• Tuesdays – Karaoke, 6:30-9:30 p.m.
• Wednesdays – Steak Shoot, 1 p.m.
• Fridays – Music and Dancing, 7-10 p.m.
• Saturdays – Show Me the Money, 2 p.m.